DCC #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings Maps

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

DCC #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings Maps

Post by superfan »

FYI: At the request of Harley Stroh, I've started to map out DCC #17

The jpg of the map is in the maps area of the Dundjinni forum at www.dundjinni.com

I will get the pdf to Harley soon, in case anyone is interested in printing off the map in 8x11 pages and taping them together. However, there is a person on the DJ site who will plot HUGE maps for just $5. His info is easy to find in the maps area. Email if any questions! benwax@aol.com
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ben is doing an amazing job rendering the battlemaps.

You can also download the first map here:

http://poisonclanpress.com/Legacymap1.jpg

Thank you, Superfan!
Last edited by Harley Stroh on Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Thanks Harley!

Map #2, a HUGE map of the Fort of the Witch Queen is available online at www.dundjinni.com, then click forums, then maps.

If you'd like larger, more detailed Jpg's than those on the site for really nice video projectors, drop me a line at benwax@aol.com and I'll whip out something.

Rock on, and great module Harley!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thank you, Superfan! The Forge never looked so good. And the gaping pit of the Maw? Awesome. The chickens on the tables? Priceless.

You can also find the Forge maps here:

http://poisonclanpress.com/LegacyForge1.pdf
http://poisonclanpress.com/LegacyForge2.pdf

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Dear Friends,

The final map of the the Lair of the Lizard folk is in Harley's hands and should be posted soon. The map preview is on the Dundjinni site in the maps area of the forum.

Hope you like it, and find it helpful.

Great module Harley~

Fight on!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a map worth? ;)

Regardless, I owe a massive debt to Superfan. Here is his most recent masterpeice:

http://poisonclanpress.com/Legacymap2.pdf

Here are his other map links:

http://poisonclanpress.com/Legacymap1.jpg
http://poisonclanpress.com/LegacyForge1.pdf
http://poisonclanpress.com/LegacyForge2.pdf

Again, many thanks to Superfan. Hope to see your work at next year's Gen Con!

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Still comin'!

http://poisonclanpress.com/LegacyLair.jpg
http://poisonclanpress.com/Swamp2.pdf

Ben ... My email has been down for a bit. By these links am I missing anything you might have sent me?

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Harley,

You're missing the maps of the Lizardman dungeon. Please email me when your email is back to get those maps. Best of the bunch I assure you. Check them out on the Dundjinni website.

Hope you get email back soon,
Ben
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

As usual, these are beautiful.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Happy to be of service to the best Game company out there!

I'll start working on Iron Crypt of the Heretics as soon as my hands stop shaking, and I can feel my fingers again.
:)

"those who can't take the pressure of gaming.....become cartographers"
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ben --- you are WAY too hard on yourself. You made it to the third round in a tournament. You were supposed to be shaking in your boots (hard, low).

But if it means Goodman Games gets great maps out of the deal, they should make all tournaments that challenging. :twisted:

Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Wow, those maps are intense. Great work, Superfan!

These bring back playtesting memories....Ooooo!...that's my PC's blood stain! And there's his head!
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Hey! Good to see you McCoy!

Scouting around before your product hits the streets? :twisted:

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Thanks Chris,

If you need any maps for your products, just let me know. Your kind words just bought a favor if you'd like one!

Ben "superfan" Waxman :D
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

*laugh* Careful what you promise, Superfan ... you wouldn't believe what Chris is working on. :twisted:

Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

My good friend Harley speaks the truth! Heh, be careful what you offer, my friend, as I might just call in that favor when the time comes!

But in all seriousness, my compliments come from the heart of a dedicated DM and gamer who has seen many, many lackluster maps until I have set eyes upon your masterpieces. You, sir, have talent.
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
kamicosmos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Great Maps!

Post by kamicosmos »

Great maps! I just picked up this module for my group, and we'll be starting it next week.

We use a projector over a table that is topped with a big dry-erase board. I am currently breaking these pdfs down into jpgs in photoshop. I then put a layer of 'fog' over the map, and reveal it as the characters move around. It's very cool.

I wanted to check first to make sure nobody had a problem with that, and then to see if anyone had already pieced them back together yet. I have the big Forge Jpg, that is exactly what I'm looking for for the lair and swamp maps. If not, no big deal, I can do it. Just didn't want to re-invent the wheel and all that!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Found the problem, but my host is giving me issues this morning. I'll keep beating at it through the day. Unless some went seriously wrong I should have you those jpgs by this afternoon.

::Edit II::

Try this:
http://www.poisonclanpress.com/Lizardfolklair.jpg

kamicosmos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kamicosmos »

Thanks a bunch! My group is going to be floored by these maps! We've been either scanning maps in directly from books, or just drawing on the dry-erase board.

Can't wait to start this module. Hopefully, we'll be starting this Wednesday.
Playwithbob
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Playwithbob »

ok...im a dummy.

How do I print these to scale?

I mean the jpgs, the pdf's should print to scale just fine.

PWB
Minsc&Boo
Gongfarmer

Can't access

Post by Minsc&Boo »

I managed to grab two of these excellent maps, but a few days ago I could no longer get at them, kept getting an Error 500 Internal Server Error. Is there anywhere else I can get hold of them?

Thanks.
This behavior will not be tolerated. Feel the burning stare of my HAMSTER and change your ways!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

My server has been down for about a week, so everything I host is missing. But the maps should be on Superfan's map library, just as soon as it goes live.

If you need them sooner, and have an email account that can take large attachments, PM me and I'll send what I have your way.

//H

vogless
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Questions?

Post by vogless »

Is someone taking it upon themselves to grab all the Dundjinni maps and put them on one site? If so, THANKS!

Also
We use a projector over a table that is topped with a big dry-erase board. I am currently breaking these pdfs down into jpgs in photoshop. I then put a layer of 'fog' over the map, and reveal it as the characters move around. It's very cool.
How'd you do this and what's the cost?
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Indeed we are!

Joe has graciously offered to host a site to put all my DCC maps (and soon to be more, both from me and others).

Unknown when it will be available. Hopefully soon. If you don't get what you need from Harley, let me know at benwax@aol.com and I can send you jpg and/or pdf's for the module.

Some of my better work, so I hope you and your players enjoy!!!!

Ben "I live to map" Waxman
aka The Superfan

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”