DCC #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings Maps

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

vogless
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Great!

Post by vogless »

That's GREAT! Thanks to you map guys AND Joe. This is going to make these modules much more fun!

Also, I would also like to know how to print the jpegs so the squares are exactly 1".....
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Playwithbob,

If you are interested in printing the jpg's to scale, head on over to the Dundjinni site, and click on the forums area, then Maps. One of the sticky topics near the top of the page discusses just that!

best of luck, and hope this helps.

Again, if you don't want to change the pdf's into jpg's, I have the jpg's and can email them to you. Just drop me a line at benwax@aol.com

Rock on,

Ben
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Slider33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Slider33 »

I grabbed some PDF's for Savage Kings on the dundjinni site, they look phenomenal!

My question is, since I have never used map pictures like this (always draw on a mat grid, or a whiteboard grid) what is the best way to utilize maps like this?

Print them on heavy paper and use the paper to play on, or is there another useful method? Just curious. Also not sure how "fog of war" is handled if using a map like this, in some places like false doors it would be useful to cover up some elements of the map.

I was just wondering what other DM's do to use these awesome maps. This is new territory for me, so I'd appreciate any methods that work best!
kaomera
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kaomera »

Slider33 wrote:I was just wondering what other DM's do to use these awesome maps. This is new territory for me, so I'd appreciate any methods that work best!
Bumped because I have the same questions.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

bump
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

For what it's worth, I have a crummy old color inkjet. What I've been doing to save money is to print out the maps from the pdf and cut and paste them together. Another option would be to spend the money to have them printed on nice shiny glossy paper at Kinkos and then you have a nicer quality map...but still have to cut and paste.

There are ways to print out the images in BIG scale as one page. Joe did that with my Palace of the Wastes maps but this costs a bit. Some folks on the Dundjinni website will do it also for cheaper (I think his name is Althrim). He does good work.

Hope this helps, and email me at benwax@aol.com if you need a jpg reformatted into pdf form (some of my posted stuff isn't in pdf form if I recall)

Rock on,
Ben
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Slider33
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Slider33 »

So what's your method of handling fog of war?

Most of the time it's probably not a necessity, but in some dungeons there are false doors and things of that nature. I'm not sure what the best method would be, I would guess you could cover it up somehow perhaps.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”