Soulgrave

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Soulgrave

Post by gmdave »

Just a few questions about Soulgrave. Is the city where the dead get up and walk at night and the Free City of Soulgrave one in the same? Are there dead corpses up and wondering the streets of Free city after night?

Are there any plans to have Maps of the some of the major Cities (Archbridge, Soulgrave, etc...) done in the near future?

Thanks
Dave
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Dave,

There are 2 "Soulgraves." One is the Free City, the other is the necropolis.

As for city maps, the is a project being written right now that will include a city map, although neither Archbridge or Soulgrave.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

Thanks Harley,

Just the clarification I needed. One more question, how close is the Necropolis to the Free City, and does one affect the other?

Sad to hear no maps of Archbridge or Soulgrave. I will have to throw something together myself.

Dave
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Dave,

The Soulgrave (the necropolis) is about 27 miles outside of Soulgrave (the Free City), but the only way there is up a mountain road that makes travel difficult during most of the year, and almost impossible during winter and late spring.

Much of the Free City trade is due to nobles passing through on their way to inter their dead in the necropolis. Without the necropolis, there would be no reason for the Free City to exist, and it would dwindle and quickly die.

The necropolis, for its part, relies on the Free City for nothing but victims. :twisted:

Publicly, the people of the Free City do everything in their power to avoid the necropolis (or more accurately, its legions of undead), but in practice many a foolish rogue has died trying to loot a Soulgrave tomb. There is even an underground "guild" (Arkham's Ghouls) devoted to this practice, but they are a foul group of hardened, veteran tomb robbers, certainly not fit for the company of heroes like your PCs. ;)

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
vogless
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Cool

Post by vogless »

Very cool write up. Soulgrave(s) just scream SOURCEBOOK!!!
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Cool

Post by gmdave »

vogless wrote:Very cool write up. Soulgrave(s) just scream SOURCEBOOK!!!
I concur wholeheartedly, This would be an awesome sourcebook.

Dave
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:)

Consider your support noted.

//H

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Cool

Post by Ogrepuppy »

gmdave wrote:
vogless wrote:Very cool write up. Soulgrave(s) just scream SOURCEBOOK!!!
I concur wholeheartedly, This would be an awesome sourcebook.

Dave
A third vote.

And Harley?

~ flashes credit cards, wad 'o' bejamins, bling-bling and furs ~

....I have money. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

(is it still considered a bribe if I already sold my soul to Goodman Games?)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

You know that I can't say no to Pimp Daddy Ogre. Especially that 4-finger ring that says "PUPPY" in diamonds.

//H

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”