One site for DCC's Dundjinni battlemaps - POLL

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

What format would you like to see DCC maps???

Poll ended at Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:20 pm

PDF's are what I want monkey boy!
14%
JPG's are what I need !!! Give it to me NOW!!!
43%
Both please....or I get angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry
43%
We don't need no $*%%&# maps! Imagination was good enough for Gygax. Good enough for me!!!
No votes

Total votes: 14

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

One site for DCC's Dundjinni battlemaps - POLL

Post by superfan »

Hello all,

Generous Joe Goodman has offerred to generously provide a site / location to put all the Dundjinni battlemaps I've created for the Dungeon Crawl Classics line. He wished me to poll folks as to what format they would like to see these maps. They can be done in pdf format (lots of cutting and pasting, but easier to do if you don't have a big plotter) or in jpg format (nice for showing with a digital projector, or a computer screen, but more difficult to print).

So thoughts on if this is a useful idea? Any thoughts on format type? Please let me know if it's worth Joe's coin and my time to make this happen.

Fight on,

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

This is a great idea. Is this going to be a depository of just your maps, which are awesome and it would be perfect if that is all that it is (sucking up to the great map maker :wink:), or will it be set up so that anyone could add their map to it as well. It would be cool if you could go there and just peruse the maps and find several for the DCC scenario that you are running and get them as needed. I ask because I too use Dundjinni, and although I pale in comparison to your map making greatness :D. I would like to showcase some of my stuff.

Just an idea, great idea either way.

Thanks
Dave
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Don't know how hard it would be to execute, but it would be sweet for us fans to be able to upload our own material --- scans of home made handouts, player maps, etc.

Probably would need to be moderated, but man it would be fun to see what the people come up with.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

yea, it would definitely have to be moderated. Maybe you could upload it or if you have an ftp server you could just link the image. It would quickly become a storehouse of hand outs and maps. Not sure if this is what Superfan had in mind, but it would be cool non the less.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Maybe one section of Prester's library for "official" maps, and another section for catch all.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
DougP
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by DougP »

I'd love this. I haven't voted in the poll yet 'cuz I haven't figured out if I want a, b, or c, but I wanted to say "yes please" anyway.

I'm looking forward to DMing with DCC's in the new setting - I haven't DM'd in far too long (like since the time it was cool to have 16 shades of green on your PC)

I'll play around a bit and see which format I prefer to use.

ddp
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I prefer JPG's, but obviously if you make both available I won't be complaining.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

DougP wrote:I'm looking forward to DMing with DCC's in the new setting - I haven't DM'd in far too long (like since the time it was cool to have 16 shades of green on your PC).
Preach it. I loved the cover on those PC sheets --- the ranger leaving his greatsword behind on the horse to take care of some dirty business with a short sword. Very cool.

Welcome back, Doug!

//H
Last edited by Harley Stroh on Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

My personal feeling is that as one guy, I CAN'T possibly map enough to keep up with the massive library of DCC's that keep rolling out. I'd love some help with mapping, and hope that the site that Joe can setup will be a repository of my maps, your maps.....everyone's maps. Plus, maybe there could be an area where GM's who have run various DCC's could put "GM tips" for others. Maybe another fan made some great player's aid, and wants to post it. Etc...etc. Lots of room for fan materials BY fans FOR fans.

Because it's not about me, it's about the game!

Ben "really having fun with Harley's Hall of the Minotaur 35A" Waxman
aka The Superfan :!: :!: :!:
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

That would be awesome. I hope it happens :)
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

I just started with the DCC's and Dundjinni but I am starting to map out DCC#0, I got the 1st major area almost done. I'm not sure what the best way of uploading the map though.
Even, if you have Dundjinni I doubt we all have the same file structure, so I guess I need to covert the map.

Let me know if people are interested or have advice. :)
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

You could export the map file as a jpg and upload it that way. Not sure what the file size limit is here though.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

any news or updates to this? Do not mean to nag, I just think it is a great idea.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Likewise, I would love to have some pre-made Dundjinni maps. I've got parts 1 and 2 done for DCC#0, don't know how good they are in comparison.
But, we started using them in our game just last night, and it was pretty cool having the graphics on the table. :)

I'd be happy to upload all 3 parts of DCC#0 in whatever format is desired when we have a place to upload them. :)
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

How about it Joe? We ready to go with this idea??? I'm ready to do my part with jpg's and pdf's whenever you have a site to upload it to. The files will be of fair size so that should be a consideration.

Thanks all for the interest, and look forward to seeing the work of other mapping the best modules around.

In the words of immortal Gary Gygax,
"Fight on"

Ben "superfan" Waxman
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Hello all,

Joe has given me an upload site and I'll start dropping off my maps there. I assume it will be open to all fan maps at some point but don't want to post the ftp until Joe gives his approval.

Thanks everyone for the interest, and hope you enjoy them.

Also, if we could send all the maps that are already on this site, or at Harley's website over to this main area, it might be good to consolidate.

Later guys,

Ben "supefan" Waxman
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Thanks Ben, for all the great maps you make for us.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Very cool! I totally look forward to this.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

Outstanding! :D

Any idea when the site will be up an running? Looking forward to this.

Dave
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Update:

Joe has gotten me setup and the uploading is commencing. Don't know when the final site will be up, as it will take a week or two to reformat / redo / monkey with my old maps. Good news is that the site will have the entire dungeon maps for Harley's Hall of the Minotaur in the boxed set, as well as a number of other modules. Just uploaded the maps for Dungeon Interludes #2 and #3.

Looking forward to getting the contributions of others on the site as well. As mentioned, too much for me to do alone. So please run out and buy Dundjinni, say hello to me on their boards, and please get mapping!!! :) :) Your chance to post them for the community here is coming soon!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Too cool! Well I got all of DCC#0 done. I'll upload it as soon as there is a location. I don't know how good it is, so I'll be 100% open to criticism and advice.

Question:
Next up for me is DCC#28 Into the Wilds, is this one done yet, or should I get started?

-Jordan "AstroCat"
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

superfan wrote:Update:

Joe has gotten me setup and the uploading is commencing.
Wow. This is so cool. There is an enormous back catalog of cartography, and it will be awesome to have it all in the same place.

//H

catsclaw227
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by catsclaw227 »

I've done DCC14, Part 2 -- the Defiled Sanctuary.

It's in a single map, plus a bunch of individual battle maps. I even made the battlemaps so that the adventure can be built with closed doors, then overlay the rooms with the doors open.

It's about 16 8x10 battlemaps, and I can get them converted to PDF if anyone wants them.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

I for one look forward to seeing this one up and running!
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Joe has all my maps now, and just needs to get "Hall of the Minotaur" from Harley (from boxed #35). Hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

A fair bit of interest on the Dundjinni boards as well. It looks like several mappers would like to help.

If there is a specific map you'd like done, please head over to www.dundjinni.com, click on forums, then maps, and then find the topic discussing Goodman Games mapping.

Maps can take a bit, so please put in your requests sooner than later!!!

Best to all,

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”